Special Session on STEM Education & Research
Special Session on STEM Education & Research In conjunction with the IEEE International Conference on Imaging systems & Techniques (IST 2022) and International School of Imaging June 21-23, 2022.
(Virtual) The IEEE IST 2022 STEM Education and Research Program, in conjunction with the IEEE International Conference on Imaging systems & Techniques (IST 2022) and International School of Imaging, brings together undergraduate students with experts from Academia, Industry and Government, for an active discussion on the latest advances and technologies in STEM disciplines. The goal of this session is three-fold: 1) share current research questions, cutting-edge technologies, methodologies, and findings within disciplinary and interdisciplinary STEM contexts; 2) promote local, state, and national STEM education collaborations and partnerships; 3) provide networking opportunities across stakeholder communities.
Examples of appropriate undergraduate work to be submitted include, but are not limited to
• Instrumentation, measurements, simulations and modeling, data analysis, processing, artificial intelligence, big data.
• results of pilot and capstone design projects, open-ended solutions.
Undergraduate students are welcome to submit a two-page summary of poster for review. High-quality poster summaries, after peerreview process, will be included in the IEEE Xplore digital library. The author summaries should use the IEEE conference proceeding 8.5×11 manuscript guidelines to prepare their summaries. The posters including their summaries will typically include the following:
• Title: a title for the poster.
• Authors: include name, affiliation, and email
• Introduction-literature search
• Motivation of study
• Problem definition
• Technological and societal impact
• Physical and engineering principles
• Design constraints, integration
• Technical challenges, advantages, and limitations
• Discussion and future work
Materials for Final Submission
1) A two-page summary: Authors whose poster summaries have been accepted and revised. 2) Poster: Both PPT and PDF format. Set the PowerPoint page size to 48″W and 36″H with a minimum font size of 32 points. 3) Videos (optional): Presenters are also encouraged to submit an accompanying video (up to two minutes), under an MP4 format, showing the significance of their work.
Poster Summary (2-page paper) Submission
June 2, 2022
Notification of Acceptance
June 9, 2022
June 14, 2022